From 2005, We are acting as an Akshaya Common Service Centre- A front office for most of the Govt Departments.
Common Services Centre KL011300207
The CSC is a strategic cornerstone of the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), approved by the Government in May 2006, as part of its commitment in the National Common Minimum Programme to introduce e-governance on a massive scale.
The CSCs would provide high quality and cost-effective video, voice and data content and services, in the areas of e-governance, education, health, tele medicine, entertainment as well as other private services. A highlight of the CSCs is that it will offer web-enabled e-governance services in rural areas, including application forms, certificates, and utility payments such as electricity, telephone and water bills.In addition to the universe of G2C services, the CSC Guidelines envisage a wide variety of content and services that could be offered as listed below:
• Agriculture Services (Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Veterinary)
• Education & Training Services (School, College, Vocational Education, Employment, etc.)
• Health Services (Telemedicine, Health Check-ups, Medicines)
• Rural Banking & Insurance Services (Micro-credit, Loans, Insurance)
• Entertainment Services (Movies, Television)
• Utility Services (Bill Payments, Online bookings)
• Commercial Services (DTP, Printing, Internet Browsing, Village level BPO).
Akshaya Centre KNR 030
Akshaya, an innovative project implemented in the State of Kerala aimed at bridging the digital divide, addresses the issues of ICT access, basic skill sets and availability of relevant content. Quality ICT dissemination and service delivery facilities (‘Akshaya Centres’) are set up within a maximum of 2 kilometers for any household and networked leveraging entrepreneurship.
Today, Akshaya is acting as an instrument in rural empowerment and economic development. The project is a catalyst in creating massive economic growth and creation of direct and indirect employment in the State by focusing on the various facts of e-learning, e-transaction, e- governance etc. Thus, the project is having a long-standing impact on the social, economic and political scenario of the State.
To know more and to locate your nearest Akshaya Centres, visit http://www.akshaya.kerala.gov.in/